Thursday, January 21, 2016

Baby Baucom: Second Trimester

I made it through the second trimester!  I can't believe we are now in the home stretch - I'm actually 30 weeks pregnant now so we are getting close.  I just can't wait to meet this sweet Baby Girl!

Here is my comparison from 18 to 24 weeks (I really started popping at 22 weeks and haven't stopped since)

Here I am at 28 weeks - starting my 3rd trimester.

Symptoms: I'm sad to say the nausea has not gone away.  It is definitely confined primarily to night time and it is much more manageable than before but it is still lingering.  I think it'll likely just stay through the entire pregnancy but the good news is, with only 10 weeks to go, there is an end in sight! Tired.  Still pretty tired.  Not like can't make it through the day but can't make it past 10pm and can very easily sleep 10 hours a night.  The heartburn has been contained for the most part - I've learned what to eat and what not to eat and it has gotten much better - yay!  I am starting to get some back pains from this quickly growing belly.  I have started monthly (for now) prenatal massages to try and help with this. There are some other, not so pretty symptoms that I will spare from you but lets just say your body does some weird stuff when you're pregnant (think leakage, hemorrhoids, you know...the fun stuff).

Movement: She is still doing somersaults in my belly!  I have had 2 days that she has moved less than normal and I started to get worried but the next day she would be back in action.  I am assuming she was just lazy/sleepy on those days.  It is fun to feel her move, although it can also be very painful and uncomfortable but movement is a sign that she is doing well and growing so I will take the discomfort to feel her move all the time!

Sleep: Tired and sleeping like a champ still.  I wake up to use the bathroom but other than that, I am able to sleep well most every night.  Taking it all in while I can!

Eating: Still no crazy cravings.  I am starting to REALLY miss sushi and can't wait until I can eat that again.  Also, a cold glass of prosecco is calling my name.  Other than that, eating fairly normal (although when she has her growth spurts I am well aware because I am hungry literally every minute of the day).  

Nursery: We have made some progress here.  We put up a custom sign above her crib that I am OBSESSED with as well as four precious safari prints.  We starting hanging clothes in her closet.  Really, we are just waiting on the rocker and that will be the last major piece.  I do have a few other items to pick up and expect to get some of the little things from the baby showers.  My main goal is to have the nursery complete by the end of February so that I am prepared in case she decides to make an early appearance!

Looking forward to: 30 week check up tomorrow and bi weekly doctor's visits.  A couple of classes that Ryan and I will be taking over the next month (Bringing Home Baby and Breastfeeding) as well as open house at what we think will be our Pediatrician's office.

So here we are, officially in the year that we will meet our Baby Girl.  Right now, all I pray for is a healthy baby.  As long as I get that, I will be over the moon!

Thanks for checking in!

Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment